Saturday, April 11, 2020

Cyborn, Screenplay, Preview And Interview





I will let the writer of Cyborn tell you about the screenplay. I can tell you is Cyborn was part of the 2019 Filmquest film festival (website) and chosen as one of the top 35.

Synopsis

Cyborn is a sci-fi comedy about a Cyborg private detective that becomes infected with a tech-virus. He has to solve all his cases to find the culprit and an antivirus before he shuts down permanently. I attached a movie style poster I produced to promote the project and a picture of myself.

Mark Renshaw wrote Cyborn. Here he shares his inspiration for the movie and why he became a filmmaker. There is also information about other things he likes to do and what he has coming up.

What was the inspiration for Cyborn?

Cyborn began as a three page script about an android's final 3 minutes of life as his battery runs out. It won the inaugural Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship in 2018 and was adapted into comic format by a website called Hyperepics. This inspired me to turn it into a feature screenplay. I decided to make the main character a noir detective cyborg private detective called Braxx Dryden and have him slowly shutting down throughout the film rather than over 3 minutes.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I'm adapting Cyborn into a novel and loving that experience. I also have two TV pilot screenplays which are doing well in competition, one is a sci-fi called The Nearscape and the other is a fantasy drama called The Broken Kingdom. I've produced a short proof of concept film to promote Nearscape. I'll be pitching all three projects far and wide, starting at the Nashville Film Festival after FilmQuest next month, as I'm also a finalist in their film festival.

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

Back in 1999 I was involved in making an amateur short film called I Am Peter Cushing (which is on YouTube and stars me in the lead role!) fell in love with writing and producing and even though I was developing my own career in software development, I've continued to write and produce short films as a hobby since. Now I feel I'm ready to go professional and expand into features and TV shows.

What would be your dream project?

I would LOVE to be the showrunner of Doctor Who and I've written my own Doctor Who screenplay which has won some competitions, including a table read over at the Wildsound festival in Toronto, Canada (also available on YouTube and my website!)

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

I love writing in all its forms. If I'm not working on a screen play I'm working on a short story, a comic or more recently my first novel.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

V for Vendetta. It is simply perfection. The long segment where V imprisons Evey, I would die a happy man if I could write as brilliantly as that.


You can find out more about Mark Renshaw and his writing at his website (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).

No comments:

Post a Comment